Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day Two - Ocracoke Island

Here we are on the Ferry going to Ocracoke Island. The only way to get to the island is by ferry or boat or I guess you could swim but i suggest the first two options. Anyway, we had to drive our car onto this huge ferry. I have never been on a boat like this before. The only boat I remember being on is my dad's little fishing boat he had...the kind you have to paddle! It was really fun and interesting. And we didn't get sea sick! Hehe!


This is the Ocracoke Island lighthouse. The last of the three. It was not as big as the others, but still pretty cool. It is currently being used and cared for by the U.S. Coast Guard.

Okay, so all over this island there are places where you can take your car out onto the beach and drive around like crazy people and that's just what we did. It was fun and a little nerve wracking. I felt like I needed to have a life jacket on just in case we got sucked in by a wave. Me, always the positive thinker!!! Andy had a ball and was waiting to do this all day long.
Andy, scaling the huge sand dunes. This is while we were waiting for the ferry to come back.

No comments: