Drew went to the doctor today for his two month check up. He did such a good job, poor baby:-( He cried while the nurse was measuring him and when I carried him to the scale to get weighed. He had to get naked for those two events and he's a modest baby...doesn't like to be undress too much. Especially in front of strangers! He calmed down while we waited for the doctor and even fell asleep. The doc came in and check his breathing, heart, etc. Drew woke up when the ears started getting checked and by the time he had to say "awww" to get his mouth looked at, he was having a melt down. Then came time for the shots. He was already crying, but when the doctor stuck him with the needle his little eyes got so wide and he was looking at me like "Mommy, what is he doing to me? HELP!" Break my heart!!!!! The doctor told me to love him up and I did just that. He soon calmed down and was asleep before we made it to the office window. I really like his doctor. He's so kind and really gentle with Drew and doesn't get bothered by his crying. He rubbed Drew's head after his shots and said "This is the worst part of my job. I'm sorry buddy!" So Drew did really well this afternoon and early evening. Was even super smiley and talking and cooing, but around 7:30 he started to feel those shots. I gave him some Tylenol and rocked him to sleep. He went to bed earlier than normal, but he was just not feeling good, so I didn't have the heart to keep him up just of the sake of sticking to normal bedtime.
So, hopefully he feels better tomorrow, but if not the Tylenol and the rocking chair and Mommy and Daddy's hugs and kisses are standing by:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment