Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Happy Birthday...to ME?????

So, as many of you know my birthday is December 27th...just 2 days after Christmas. So naturally, it's always been difficult to celebrate my birthday with Andy's fam since we are in Nebraska during that time. Andy has always said he was going to start celebrating my half birthday, June 27th, so he could give it the proper attention it deserves:-) Well, on June 27th we headed over to Jamie's for a going away party for Miriam(she is in China for the month). I had no idea it was the 27th and barely knew it was Saturday...mom's out there, you know what I'm talking about!!!!! Anyway, when it was time to leave for Jamies, Andy kept stalling and doing stuff that he could have done way before we left...needless to say, I was getting irritated. Little did I know that everyone was at Jamie's scurrying around, getting ready for us to arrive. Once we got there, Andy kept taking pictures of Drew and I outside. I thought it odd to take pictures then, but whatever.

This is my first reaction as I walked in the door. Everyone was singing happy birthday and looking at me. I was TOTALLY confused. I was trying to think on my feet...whose birthday did I forget??? Are we celebrating someones brithday late?? Think Kate, think!!!!! What in the world was going on!?!?!?

Still not sure what is going on.....

OHHHHH! Now I get it! Sneaky, sneaky people!!! They had decorations, presents!!!! and a sign that said Happy 1/2 Birthday:-)

Andy's mom even made me half of a birthday cake! Andy was the mastermind behind it all and he completly caught me off guard. AND I felt awful for being so irritated at his stalling tactics early that day. He is such a wonderful husband and I love him so, so much!!! And I have wonderful in-laws, too. God has blessed me so, so much!

No comments: